The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled health professional who works with our health care professionals to provide quality health care to the patient. The Medical Assistant is educated and trained to perform both administrative and clinical skills in the medical care environment. The Medical Assistant reports directly to the Administrator. Customer Service to the providers and the patients is a key focus of this position.
Duties of the Job:
- Must be willing to travel to satellite offices two or more days per week.
- Measure and record vital signs. Record patient interview, history and chief complaint.
- Provide patient education with regard to office policies, medications, procedures, management of diseases, home treatments and special diets.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist the physician with exams.
- Answer phones – often from other doctor’s offices or the hospital.
- Schedule and pre-certify surgeries.
- Follow protocol regarding any prescription requests and consult messages.
- Call or ePrescribe prescriptions to the pharmacy.
- Change dressings, apply bandages, remove sutures and other first aid procedures.
- Using CPR skills when required.
- Maintain medical supplies and equipment.
- Practice OSHA safety standards.
- Shredding of all confidential documents.
- Tidy and maintain all examination rooms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Providers or the Administrator.
- Be willing to travel to satellite offices as needed
- High school education or GED equivalent.
- Medical Assistant certification or currently enrolled in a certification program.
- Previous experience in a medical practice required.
- Experience in a Neurosurgery or other surgical practice is preferred.
- Possesses the tact, professionalism and empathy to deal effectively with patients, physicians and other employees in the practice.
- Works well under pressure and adapts easily to change.
- Possesses knowledge of office procedures and technology.
About Georgia Spine and Neurosurgery Center:
Georgia Spine & Neurosurgery Center is dedicated to providing world-class, contemporary neurosurgical services to our patients with the utmost of care and compassion. Our experienced healthcare professionals are dedicated to treating each patient as an individual, deserving of our time, attention, and respect. For us the patient comes first and foremost, at all times, and everything follows thereafter. Everything that we do in this practice is centered on the patient.